Week 2 Practice Questions (Date Extended)
Commerce Paper 2
Organisation Theory: Organizational Goals – Primary and Secondary goals, Single and Multiple Goals; Management by Objectives
Organisation Behaviour: Perception – Meaning and Process
Human Resources Management (HRM): Job Analysis, Job Description, Job Specification
Industrial Relations (IR): Formation of Trade Unions, Trade Union Legislation, Trade Union Movement in India. Recognition of Trade Unions, Problems of Trade Unions in India, Impact of Liberalization on Trade Union Movement
No. of Questions – 8
Word Limit – As mentioned alongwith each question
- Explain the following in about 150 words:
a) Job Re-engineering
b) Halo Effect
c) Intramural vs Extramural functions of trade unions
d) Ends means chain of organisational goals
2. “Environment forces have a considerable influence on the process of goal determination in any organistion.” Discuss the different interactional processes between organisation and its environment. (300 words)
3. Outline the distinct phases of growth of trade union movement in India. (300 words)
4. “Our perception about the people is greatly influenced by the assumption we make about a person and not by reality.” Explain in light of Attribution theory of perception. (300 words)
5. What do you understand by Job Analysis? Briefly write about sources and utility of job analysis. (300 words)
6. “Concerns of trade unions extend beyond ‘bread and butter’ issues.” Comment. (300 words)
7. “It’s not a number you can easily capture in an Excel sheet, but it’s still very palpable. Trust, pride and camaraderie are the signs of a great place to work.” In light of this statement, discuss what are the things which separate the top ranked workplaces from the rest. (200 words)
8. What is meant by options trading in commodities? How do the SEBI rules for commodity options differ from equity options? (200 words)
- Answers are to be submitted in the comments section below. You can also add images of your handwritten answer.
- Make sure you first understand the question, before moving on to attempt the same.
- For effective discussion and evaluation, try to submit the answers by 8/1/2017.
- Make sure you copy your answers somewhere (for ex. in notepad or separate word file) before submitting your answers here to avoid any problems which may arise due to unforeseen technical glitches.
All the Best !!!