Week 1 Practice Questions
Commerce Paper 2
- Organisation Theory – Nature and Concept of Organisation, External Environment of Organizations -Technological, Social, Political, Economical and Legal.
- Organisation Behaviour – Meaning and Concept; Individual in organizations: Personality, Theories, and Determinants.
- Human Resources Management (HRM) – Meaning, Nature and Scope of HRM, Human Resource Planning.
- Industrial Relations (IR) – Meaning, Nature, Importance and Scope of IR.
No. of Questions – 8
Word Limit – As mentioned alongwith each question
1. Explain the following in about 150 words:
a) Freudian Stages of Personality development
b) Gandhian Approach to Industrial Relations
d) Task Environment vs. General Environment
2. “Organizational behaviour is the study of the many factors that have an impact on how individuals and groups respond to and act in organizations and how organizations manage their environment”. In the light of above statement, discuss nature and scope of Organisation Behaviour. (300 words)
3. “Organizational behavior is an applied behavioral science that is built upon contributions from a number of behavioral disciplines.” Comment. (300 words)
4. “Management is personnel administration.” Do you agree? Explain. (300 words)
5. “Human resource planning is a double-edged weapon”. Comment. (300 words)
6. What is meant by industrial relations? What is its importance? What are the parties involved in Industrial Relations? (300 words)
7. Discuss the impact of recently introduced Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Business Environment in India. (200 words)
8. Critically analyse the impact of stricter H1B visa norms on HR practices of Indian Companies. (200 words)
- Answers are to be submitted in the comments section below. You can also add images of your handwritten answer.
- Make sure you first understand the question, before moving on to attempt the same.
- For effective discussion and evaluation, try to submit the answers within this week only till 21/07/2017.
- Make sure you copy your answers somewhere (for ex. in notepad or separate word file) before submitting your answers here to avoid any problems which may arise due to unforeseen technical glitches.
All the Best !!!