Solutons – MCQs Based on Indian Polity 2017

Solutons – MCQs Based on Indian Polity 2017

QuestionSolutionExplanation
1cUnder this provision, Parliament has enacted two laws- River Boards Act (1956) and Inter State Water Disputes Act (1956).
2cConditions for Recognition as a State Party – Win at least 1 out of every 25 seats from a state in a Lok Sabha General Election. Conditions for Recognition as a National Party – The party is recognized as a State Party in at least four states
3bController General of Accounts is the principal advisor on accounting matters to the Union Government.
4aAll states and union territories will be covered under this program
5bZonal councils are statutory bodies established under State Reorganisation Act 1956 (not constitutional bodies).
6aThe definition of “Office of Profit” is not given either in the constitution or in the Representation of the People Act, 1951. It is for the courts to explain the significance and meaning of this concept.
7aThe act neither mandates the singing of the national anthem nor does it demand that people stand up when it is being sung.
8c
9c
10cThe Bill amends the Act to make illegal migrants who are Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan, eligible for citizenship.
11aIt consists of not more than 22 members- 15 from Lok Sabha and 7 from Rajya Sabha, elected from amongst its members according to the principle of proportional representation by means of a single transferrable vote.
12aD.C. Wadhwa vs. State of Bihar
13aThe paper slip appears for about 10 seconds. After the voter views the receipt, it automatically goes inside a sealed box attached to the EVM.
14c
15aThese bonds can be purchased by donors by making payments digitally or through cheque only.
16c
17aCivil contempt is when a person willfully disobeys any order of a court. Criminal contempt is “interfering” with the administration of justice or “scandalizing” the court or “lowering its authority”.
18c
19c
20aSection 126(1)(b) of the RP Act, 1951 bars publication of Opinion polls in electronic media for 48 hours prior to an election in that polling area.
21aHe can only promulgate Ordinance when assembly is not in session. He cannot promulgate Ordinance when the assembly is dissolved or suspended.
22aIt does not provide for the establishment of any bases or basing arrangements.
23c
24cThe Bill consolidates the existing laws relating to admiralty jurisdiction of courts, admiralty proceedings on maritime claims, arrest of vessels and related issues.
25c
26aA major portion of the Normal Central Assistance (56.25%) is distributed to 11 Special Category States and the remaining (43.75%) among 18 General Category States. There is no preferential treatment to SCS when it comes to sharing of the central tax revenue.
27dArticle 263 provides the establishment of an Inter-State Council to effect coordination between the states and between Centre and states. It is not a permanent constitutional body. Prime Minister acts as the chairman of the council.
28aEighth Schedule of the Constitution contains 22 languages. A group of Hindi Professors has written to the Prime Minster to not add dialects of Hindi like Bhojpuri and Rajasthani to the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.
29c
30c

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Optionally add an image (JPEG only)