COMMERCE PAPER 2 WEEK 3 PRACTICE QUESTIONS
Organisation Theory – Evolution of Organisation Theory: Classical, Neo-classical and Systems Approach, Modern Concepts of Organisation Theory
Organisation Behaviour- Motivation: Concepts, Theories and Applications
Human Resources Management (HRM) – Recruitment Process, Selection Process, Orientation and Placement, Training and Development Process
Industrial Relations (IR) – Nature of Industrial Disputes : Strikes and Lockouts , Causes of Disputes, Prevention and Settlement of Disputes, ILO and its Functions
No. of Questions – 8
Word Limit – As mentioned alongwith each question
- Explain the following in about 150 words:
a) Intrinsic vs Extrinsic Motivation
b) Selection tests
c) Collective Bargaining
d) Max Weber’s Bureaucracy
2. “Neo Classical School of organisation theory is commonly identified with Human Relations movement.” Discuss the contribution of Human Relations movement in development of Neo Classical Theory.
3. Clayton P. Alderfer’s ERG theory is just a condensed form of Maslow’s motivation model. Discuss. (300 words)
4. “External recruitment may lead to dissatisfaction and frustration among existing employees.” In light of statement compare merits of internal recruitment over external recruitment.
5. Write a short note on Training practices in India.
6. Systems theory views organisation as a system with inter-dependent components. What are these components and how they are inter-dependent and inter-related?
7. Discuss the importance of Right Hiring for startups. Also mention HR practices being followed by startups to ensure right people are hired.
8. “As millennials become the largest demographic at work, companies are focusing on grooming them and keeping a close eye on the mistakes they make.” Discuss the different ways in which companies are managing their growing millennial workforce effectively.
- Answers are to be submitted in the comments section below. You can also add images of your handwritten answer.
- Make sure you first understand the question, before moving on to attempt the same.
- For effective discussion and evaluation, try to as soon as possible.
- Make sure you copy your answers somewhere (for ex. in notepad or separate word file) before submitting your answers here to avoid any problems which may arise due to unforeseen technical glitches.
All the Best !!!